Molly Hooper's blog is an electronic, web-based diary of the Barts employee Molly Hooper. The blog is pink, covered in kittens and typed in the font Comic Sans. Her first entry is on the 27 January 2010 and the last entry is on the 2 April of the same year.
The blog entry from January 27 reads as follows:
- "Hi. My name is Molly Hooper. I work at Barts Hospital. I'm 31. Sorry. This is sounding like a list. I'm not sure why I'm doing this. It's just nice to have someone to talk to."
She then commented back to her first entry at 22:13 stating:
- "Hahaha!! That makes me sound so lonely!
I meant it's nice to have somewhere I can share my feelings."
The blog entry from January 28 reads as follows:
- "Do you believe in love at first sight? There's this man and I love him. At least, I think I do. I can't stop thinking about him. He's so intelligent it's like he's burning. And he's so cool but not really. And he's fit. Oh, he is really fit. And I can't stop thinking about him. I'm a sensible girl, I always have been. I've worked hard to get the job I have and I've got plans but he just rides all over everything. It's like I'm Molly Hooper, in control. 'Little Miss Perfect' as my mates call me. Until he walks into the room and then suddenly I'm this little mouse. He turns me into a mouse."
At 22:15, Molly commented on the blog post, saying:
- "Squeak squeak!"
The blog entry from January 29 reads as follows:
- "He was in again today and I still don't understand him. One minute he's noticing the tiniest thing about me and the next it's like I'm not here. He said I was wearing too much lipstick and then said I wasn't wearing enough. I just don't know. Connie Prince will know. She's fab."
At 22:13, Molly left a comment on the blog post that reads:
- "Is it wrong that I let him talk to me the way he does?
I'm not like it with other men. Just him."
The blog entry from February 2, also featuring a photograph of Molly's cat Toby, reads as follows:
- "I am dying. Well, I'm getting old. I bought something today.
Yes. I am officially going to be a mad old cat woman. I'm 31 and I'm single and I've bought a cat.
But he's great. He's called Toby. And here he is!
Meena said that every single girl our age needs either a cat or a gay best friend. I figured a cat would be less fuss. Caroline was taking the mick but she still came round with a can of tuna to try and make friends with him. Then she started going on about that stupid hedge.
I was tempted to name him after you-know-who but Toby's cute and fluffy so you-know-who's name wouldn't really fit."
At 23:02, Molly commented on the post, saying:
- "'Miaow!!!' from Toby"
The blog entry from March 25 reads as follows:
- "Sorry, I've been really busy recently. Work is the same old. Caroline's left. Which we're all quite happy about because we were sick of hearing about that flipping hedge.
Toby's still brilliant. He sleeps on my bed now which is really nice. Toasty!
Oh, and Sherlock came in again tonight. And he was his usual arrogant self! And he was blatantly flirting with me and I know he's doing it and I should tell him to stop but I don't! And, of course, he was only doing it so I'd help him with something. As soon as he got what he wanted, he was off.
OMG! I nearly just wrote 'At least Toby will never leave me'. I am becoming a Mad Spinster!"
|Molly Hooper||26 March||00:12||Oh!! How can I delete this?! I meant to say 'you-know-who' not his name!!|
Don't read this! Nobody read this!
|Jim Moriarty||00:14||Hi, sorry, are you the lady who works in the morgue? The one with the nose?|
|Molly||00:15||Who are you?|
|Jim||00:17||Sorry! I work in the IT dept. Stupid night shift.|
|00:22||Are you all right? You've gone quiet...|
|Molly||00:26||Sorry. I'm just feeling a bit silly. I didn't know anyone read my blog.|
What's wrong with my nose?
|Jim||00:28||Nothing. It's a cute nose. I hope you don't mind me saying.|
I'm here all night so I need more coffee.
|Jim||00:32||Do you like coffee?|
|Jim||00:35||Would you like to meet for coffee? In the canteen?|
|Molly||00:40||Erm... okay. 5 minutes?|
|Jim||00:41||See you there!|
- "Arrgh!! I'm having no luck with my friend's hidden message thing! Anyone?"
There was four comments between Jim and Molly.
|Jim Moriarty||29 March||10:02||I think the word 'grid' is a clue. There are 25 letters in the message...|
|Molly Hooper||10:06||That's it!!!|
|Jim||10:07||Fancy another coffee? :)|
- "I'm not writing anything because I know you're reading this!!"
The comments are as follows:
|Jim Moriarty||30 March||13:42||Do you mean me?|
|Molly Hooper||13:42||Yes!!! You!! Thanks for lunch!|
|Jim||13:47||Thank YOU for last night!! Xxx|
|Molly||13:48||Did you like it then? Was it all right?|
|Jim||13:49||Yeah! I can't believe I've never seen Glee before! LOVED IT!|
|Molly||13:50||Me too! And Toby LOVED you!!!|
|Jim||13:52||He's lovely. And so are you.|
|Molly||13:55||You're lovlier. Lovelyer. Lovelier? Is that how you spell it?|
|Jim||13:56||Don't you have spellcheck switched on?|
|Molly||13:58||How do I do that?|
|Jim||13:59||Didn't I show you yesterday?|
|Molly||14:00||I've forgotten. Again.|
|14:46||Thanks for that. You're a good teacher|
- "Jim, are you reading this? I'm sorry we argued and I don't mind if you're gay or not but where are you? Please, I miss you and I'm worried about you! Why aren't you answering your phone? And why aren't you at work? Your manager's going mental! Please!! Just get in touch!! Let me know you're okay!!"
- "I won't be keeping this diary anymore. It was all a lie. Everything he said.
But, got to stay positive. Nobody wants an unhappy person working in a morgue.
Not that they want a particularly happy one either. Stay happy everyone xx"